Monday 14 January 2013

Rationale - Further Research - VANS OFF THE WALL


Rationale Research Collect Communicate PRODUCT

My further research for - VANS OFF THE WALL









I had a look at some popular vans images , of trainers and logos and watched a video on the history of vans.I also used an amazing edition of sneaker freak magazine all about vans! ( An interview with Steve Van Doren)



Primary Research
I went to the vans store in leeds and took seem images to see if i could get some inspiration for my packaging.



I took information from interviews and sources and a magazine i picked up in the store and made 2 mood boards and a timeline.


After my crit i decided i would make a booklet that i could put my information into and it would have the focus on the history of vans. I then decided i would make my work more appropriate to vans and decided to design my own shoe box , this would include stickers, and open up option so you could see the timeline and history of vans since 1966. This would come in a new edition of retro vans 2013. 

Shoe & box packaging research - 






I researched into retro patterns for my initial design.









No comments:

Post a Comment