Tuesday 22 October 2013

Research for WEB - What is already out there?

CONCEPT RESEARCH

What is already out there on the web? You will research your chosen area of exploration. Gather as much information on existing design, design thinking and consumer needs etc.… that will help you to produce the best design for web representation you can.


I decided to begin my research by just googling what album art to see what is on web..

Definition-
I began looking at the most iconic album art - 




Only some of the most iconic album art would be appropriate for my website if the specific design fits into one of my 3 categories.

I tried finding websites for album artwork and i only found 1 ! I personally didn't think it was very good there was to much going on.


I also found a website for best album covers which was okay but i did find it useful that they included resources for the specific artists websites & there tracks.
I found another album art design website but the design wasn't very good and the website lacked information i would include on my own.

Sleevage is a good online resource for album art i will investigate this website more for further research.


http://sleevage.com


 KATE MOROSS 

I will find inspiration from Kate Moross the most as my design aesthetic is similar to hers i love this web design she has created for the following artists - 




I love this one the most for Jessie Ware and the simplicity of the website.

PINTREST

I decided to look on pintrest as its such a huge online rescourse. I first searched Album artwork.








PINTREST - PACKAGING

I next looked at packaging for album art as i found so much design for this tag i will definitely create an extra page on my album archive to display them.









 DESIGNSPIRATION

As designspiration is another huge resource i next searched album art on here to.
Almost every image i found on this specific i would love to use on my website as they all reflect my individual categories.









DESIGNSPIRATION

I tried a different filter which was album covers. I loved a lot of these designs to and realised i could use some of these on my geometric category as the more psychedelic art is full of symmetry.








I am more enthusiastic about creating my website now i know there isn't a lot of websites out there specific for album artwork design and i would love to create that archive i also think my website would be perfect for students entering briefs like secret 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment