Thursday 27 November 2014

Cop Tutorial 27/11

Cop Tutorial

Today i had a quick chat with Amber about my dissertation and where i was i was feeling slightly worried so just wanted to clarify a few things.I took with me my Introduction & almost finished first chapter and a list of questions.

- How can i say something in my case study thats from an interview do i summarise it an add an appendix?

- Cop Practical?

- Slow and fast fashion - Rate of adoption ? is that appropriate. Do i talk about brand loyalty?

- Luxury brands?

- Slow Fashion what is an example?

I gave Amber my first chapter printed out to receive feedback by email.

Feedback To Questions -

- If i am to use a fact i need to quote it , I can write general information in my own words. 
- When i am writing about something in an interview i summarise then put and appendix.

- I should talk about rate of adoption from consumers , and brand loyalty may come into - how people will be loyal to a brand in the sense they wouldnt shop anywhere else because they feel other material isn't of good quality. 

- Slow fashion example - They may only have one season at one time.Expensive / Branding has always been the same with Vivienne Westwood.

- Compare the likes of  Zara and Primark they both had bad ethical values and have the fastest fashion but Primarks prices are a lot cheaper

I am pleased with the chat i had i feel like its helped clear up a few worries and i am more confident about writing my next chapter of my dissertation. After my talk i was speaking to people in the studio about my case study and Laura told me about how the Fashion teacher from our college does part time freelance work for Topshop this is a perfect opportunity to speak to him to gain some further primary research.

Danielle Harrison also knows someone who designs shoes for Zara and has gave me this email address i am really pleased about this contact and my next step is to come up with a list of questions which will best benefit what i am talking about.

Zara -  samuel_shepherd@next.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment