Friday 14 February 2014

Monotype - Layout/Design Research

LAYOUT/DESIGN RESEARCH

After the second meeting with Beth we decided to some research points for one and other to look at so the next time we get to together we will have a large amount of research between us to begin designing for our d&ad brief.

Beth - Research Typography
Me - Layout/Design Research


I began gathering examples of publications and editorial design so we would be able to use as a reference point when we were designing.
Impact text - 

Grids/different layouts-

I like how this double page spread uses text as a clopping mask so you can see the image behind it -

Editorial spreads using columns and large images-
Formal professional editorials-

Impact front covers-
I really love the way they have used the title text to bleed across the other page large.
 

Circular images-
This has inspired me to use cut up images for one of my double page spreads-
I love the typography used on this double page spread how they've integrated the formal typeface with a brushed playful typeface.

Brushed typeface-

This typeface also brushed but still joined upit works well for this type of issue also not sure if it would also be legible.

After looking at certain layouts and typography I feel more confident to begin designing my double page spreads for the collaborative work and the typeface choices has inspired me to use a brush typeface.

No comments:

Post a Comment