Monday 18 November 2013

Primary Research - What is publication design

WHAT IS PUBLICATION DESIGN?

When doing my print research i decided to take a book out of the library about publication design as i was creating 5 publications about the fundamentals of printing.

The beginning of the book talks about what a publication is and how print matters and the importance of making your work aesthetically pleasing.

The most beneficial thing to me i fund was the 'six appeal' which was a list of the important things you include when designing. The sub categories listed below i have considered for my print pack. Although i decided not to use imagery in my publication and create info graphics.

  • Format
  • Grid
  • Typography
  • Colour
  • Cover or masthead.
  • Use of imagery


The book showed examples of already existing print booklets. This was a interesting as i could look at the aestheticis.



It spoke about text as images and how readability and legibility is so important.
This page spoke about format.
typography-

This double page spread spoke about different programmes.
I found this book really helpful it gave me points to consider for my book and reasons why id be able to make my booklets different from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment