Monday 25 November 2013

COP 2 - Essay Concept

CONCEPT FOR COP

My initial idea 

Interested in
  • Identity
  • Identity through gender
  • Consumerism
After speaking to Richard I'm really confident about my essay. He said my idea was a good and that i will be able to tie in all the elements we have learnt over the past lectures and seminars. I will be able to apply my findings to different sections of my essay.

Possible Essay question -

How does the consumer system create a reductive/stereotypical/simplistic idea of gender?

Books & Resources

Media Gender & Identity - David Gauntlett


Website -  Daniel Chandler - Notes on The gaze http://users.aber.ac.uk/dgc/Documents/gaze/

Possible practical element

Publication one half focusing on women and the other on men ' Stereotypes of gender in the Media'

After my talk with Richard i will :

- Find my resources

- I need to make a plan & structure

- Revise Triangulation for my essay

No comments:

Post a Comment