Tuesday 12 November 2013

Primary Research 'book for dummies'

PRIMARY RESEARCH PRINT BOOK FOR DUMMIES

For my design for print brief my first initial idea was to mock up a .....book for dummies this was because i wanted the concept of my book to be really simple and not have to much information that might confuse the reader. This book would be useful to mock up because it has these attributes.

I picked up this pop up business book from the library its not specific for my print book but i just wanted to mock up the style of the book as i assume all the ...book for dummies will be the same style.


The contents pages are broken down and it explains whats in each category.

At the beginning of the book it explains the content of whats inside.
It gives tips and explains them as well as a bullet point list.
It goes into greater depth to explain how its organised in the parts.





I made a mind map of the successful points of the book that i could then put into my work- 

  • Main characteristics of the book - Tips , Minimal , Straight forward
  • Chapters really in depth
  • Split into categories on pages - Easy to find your part on the page if you loose it
  • Explains whats in the next chapter
  • Illustrations - I could maybe create info graphics 
  • Gives resources to websites and useful links
  • Text is laid out in a checklist style - Simple Content
  • Small info graphics for tips & warning useful as its familiar

No comments:

Post a Comment