Wednesday 13 November 2013

Primary Research - Stock

PRIMARY RESEARCH STOCK

This afternoon my house went to a print store in leeds to have a look at some stock that they sell. We realised when they got there they were more based for advertising and big company projects rather than stocking for businesses and university students.

They sold stock in huge rolls and big sheets. A lot of the stock was self adhesive which isn't what any of us need for this specific brief but its good to know where to get this from for the future. There stock came in a lot of sizes and a wide range of colours and it also sold fluorescent stock..


We also found a section that did gold bronze and silver foiling and paper.
This was the fluorescent coloured card it also was available to buy in rolls.
 
I bought a large piece of bright orange fluorescent card as i know for my print brief i would like to make belly bands using the laser cutter. This piece cost me 90p
I asked if i could take some samples away they gave me to colour stock samples they said on the samples that the specific stock types were good for big advertising also they gave me a sheet with gold silver and fluorescent stock which also said for more decorative purposes and for vinyls.


I think i will look into more places to receive stock from for this brief and for future reference but its good to know what is available to us and i have samples to refer to.

No comments:

Post a Comment