Thursday 14 November 2013

Research - Envelope design

ENVELOPE DESIGN

For my print brief i really like the idea of having my content inside of an envelope like design so I decided to research into some existing packaging design.

I like brown paper used for design and packaging. This envelope is unusual. This specific design is an invitation.

 




I really like this design it could be used in many ways like creating a fold out person.
I really want to use florescent ink for my information pack i think florescent orange works well on off white stock.

This is the style of envelope i wanted to use the most but I'm worried how sustainable it would be as i think my content may fall out.

I really want to create a series of envelopes and possibly screen print across all 5. This set of envelopes has used some sort of sticker to create a set.

The inside of this envelope flap has used a diamond which fits perfectly with the design.
I love the use of brown paper i think it looks really organic & durable.


The buttons and strings used on the envelope works well as its for a simplistic design.
 
Fluorescent label on brown stock.

After some research I'm going to design some of my own envelope designs and create prototypes.

BELLY BANDS

I researched into a few belly band designs , i most definitely want to use the laser cutter and i really like the idea of having a large belly band at least a third of the size of the pack.




 I really like the black on black even though its been laser cut you can still see the design.


LIMITED IDENTITY - SOURCE

I found some really nice branding and identity on behance these are the types of envelopes i would like to create for my print pack the style of the envelope is called 'catalog'. I think this type of envelope is durable and sturdy. Im not sure if i will go for the brown colouring for the stock but i think it would work nice depending on what style of design i choose to print on top.









No comments:

Post a Comment